Sunday, November 14, 2010

Roasted Eggplant Stuffed Tomatoes

Eggplant Stuffed Tomatoes

This is a great summer farmers market recipe from Vegan Yum Yum. We made it what seems like 150 years ago, but really it was just during the summer and I finally - well, I can't say learned because its too easy really - accepted that I would need to upload my own photos and not rely on J. to do it for me. He used to do it so often and I didn't feel like dealing with it. Actually, its so ridiculously easy and not at all a big deal.

I can't post the recipe due to it being in a cookbook, but I can say it involved sliced bread, roasted eggplants, and of course tomatoes. The only issue with this recipe is it tasted like the ocean. That is how salty the recipe was. Please use caution if you have this cookbook and make this. I would add maybe 1/4 what she calls for. If not for the crazy amount of salt, I know I would like this recipe a lot and I will definately make it again with much less salt.